Sunday, February 13, 2011

While you were sleeping...

Lila is going to be 2 in April. TWO! I don't know how this happened so quickly. It's like I went to bed one night after rocking my baby to sleep and when I woke up in the morning she was a toddler. We've gone from bottles to straws, from booties to Squeaker Sneakers, from crawling to running away from me in Walgreens, from putting her tiny baby toes in her mouth to taking her shirt off in public places... There are certainly things I could do without: the way she covers her face with her hands, bursts into hysterical fake tears, and throws herself on the floor because I wouldn't let her sit in the refridgerator, or how she shrieks "MOOOOOM!" when I take away the Metamucil she grabbed off the shelf in the grocery store simply because she could reach it. But there are also the times that I've been gone all day and when I walk in the door she runs up to me and hugs my legs so tightly, and when she grabs my face in her hands and gives me a kiss for no reason at all.  I really want her to stay my baby forever, buuuuut it would be nice if she could hurry up and learn how to wipe her own butt and cook herself dinner.  

Because I'm not the on-top-of-everything mom that I would love to be, we never got good pictures of Lila in her 2010 Halloween costume. A costume that I actually MADE with my own two hands! At least I get points for that, right? We're big Yo Gabba Gabba! fans in the Luke household, so I thought it was best that Lila should be Foofa for Halloween. Here are some VERY late photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment